Thursday, February 23, 2012

Girls Will Be Girls

This week has been a rather stressful one, but there's no better way to take away the stress than having a fingernail painting party with your best friends and watching Pretty Little Liars! Lindsay and Natalie are the best roommates, I love them!

Too many events of these past two weeks occurred, including (but not limited to): finding out I didn't make the dental hygiene program this year, taking a plethora of tests and coming out with too many B's, realizing I might have to choose a different career (after having had mine chosen for the past 5 years), being sick with a cold, having my left lymph node swell up to the size of a bowling ball? (I still don't know what to thing about that), finding out shocking information from back home, etc. The things just keep piling up!

Fortunately for me, I have a very wise mother who loves me very much. She offered me wise counsel and reminded me that many other people are going through worse times than myself. I don't have the room to complain. This is only an opportunity for me to turn to my Heavenly Father and become closer to Him; I need to be grateful for the opportunity I've been given. She reminded me of a quote I have taped in my bathroom at home by none other than Gordon B. Hinckley. He said:

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers." -Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment